“The house is adequately spacious and generally comfortable.”
We had no problem finding the property, but perhaps only because we had read previous reviews that provided hints on identifying the entrance to the drive. There really should be signage at the end of the drive to the road. Despite previous comments on the cleanliness of the shower, we found overall the property was fairly clean (other than finding a crisp wrapper tucked into the settee in the lounge).
However, we do have some negative comments:
• We only used the main bedroom, but found the bed to be very uncomfortable. The mattress was very soft and might well be in need of replacement. The bed was also much narrower than we are used to, very small for two adults.
• Ceiling lighting fittings in the lounge and over the breakfast bar were unreasonably low. I am tall, but not excessively so, and found myself constantly making head contact with the lounge lights. The ones over the breakfast bar were also low, but were positioned over the edge of the bar rather than over the work surface itself. As a result, I was constantly coming into contact with the lights in getting onto or off of the stools. There is no other alternative dining table.
• The mirrors in both of the upstairs bathrooms are exceptional low making it very difficult to use even for an average height person.
• Control of the heating was incomprehensible. The first evening, despite setting all the thermostats to much higher temperatures than we normally use, the lounge and bedroom were too cold for comfort. The next morning, we returned the settings to what we consider a normal level before leaving for the day. When we returned that evening these rooms were uncomfortably hot. Some instructions should be provided to allow reliable setting of all necessary thermostats.
• The washing machine was unintuitive to use and with no instructions provided, we eventually had to look up the model on line to decipher its usage. The tumble dryer was not working.
• Parking arrangements were problematical even for a single car. When parking in the designated area, it was almost impossible to turn the car around, necessitating multi-point turns terminating very close to walls. It would have been impossible to park a second car in the designated area. Our car was a Toyota Corolla station wagon, so not a huge vehicle.
Thank you for your comments but we cannot put signage up without encroaching on neighbouring land, we do suggest guests use Satnav to assist with locating the property. We appreciate beds are subjective and personal choice and can confirm it is a standard 4ft 6in size. The ceiling lighting is also of a standard length and the mirrors are placed so as to be convenient for as many guests as possible. There is also a hand mirror available at the property if needed. The heating is underfloor heating, the thermostats are set and will come on automatically and it is possible that the the thermostat had been adjusted without us being aware but this has now been checked and returned to its proper settings. The property is not advertised with a tumble dryer and this has now been removed to prevent any future guest concerns. The washing machine is operated by turning the cycle to the appropriate type of wash cycle and then the on button and we are glad we could explain this to you at the time. We have checked the driveway and have also had our own guests with their car and when manoeuvered, two cars can definitely be accommodated Property Owner