“Property is advertised as dog friendly and the owners have gone out of their way to accommodate dogs however the other residents of the complex are not welcoming of dogs and I would go as far to say the property should not be advertised as dog friendly.”
On arrival walking along the path to the front door with our elderly black Labrador at our side, but not on a lead a resident shouted across the complex “Oi, YOU, KEEP THAT DOG ON A LEAD HERE”.
From then on we kept our dog on the lead at all times and followed all the dog rules for the site. Sadly we then received a txt from the owner three days later “I have been asked if you can make sure the dog is not let out onto the communal grounds to do their business but use the grounds near the river”.
I replied to the owner explaining what had occurred on our arrival and that our dog has never relieved herself in the grounds. I was not happy with the allegation by implication being made especially as another resident allowed its dog to roam freely. I was advised the matter would be taken up with the management company, sadly to date no further response was received from the owner.
Very sadly given our reception although the owner is dog friendly and I believe a dog owner the other tenants are quite hostile towards dogs and as such the property should not be advertised as accepting pets.
Since this feedback the property was amended and dogs are no longer allowed in the apartment. Property Owner
- First-floor duplex apartment
- Two bedrooms: 1 x second-floor king-size with en-suite basin and WC, 1 x first-floor king-size (can be converted to a twin on request)
- First-floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC
- First-floor open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area and sitting area
- Sun room with Smart TV and sofa daybed
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Designated parking space for one car, additional visitors parking and on-road parking
- Nearby public picnic area on other side of pub with picnic benches overlooking river
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 0.4 miles, pub 0.1 mile
- Note: There is reduced head height in the second-floor king-size bedroom
Burtons Mill Retreat is a lovely first-floor duplex apartment resting in Stalham, Norfolk. Hosting two bedrooms, including a second-floor king-size with en-suite basin and WC, and a first-floor twin, along with a first-floor shower room, this property can sleep up to four guests. There is also an open-plan living space with a kitchen, dining area and a sitting area, and a sun room with a TV and sofa bed. Outside there is designated off-road parking for one car and additional visitor and roadside parking, as well as shared grounds and a nearby public picnic area with benches overlooking the river. Burtons Mill Retreat is a fantastic base for exploring The Broads in Norfolk.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
View on map
About the location
Wroxham 8 miles; Norwich 15 miles; Great Yarmouth 17 miles.
The market town of Stalham, with its high street with a good range of shops and eateries, is a typical North Norfolk town. There is a small market which comes to the town on Tuesdays and a farmers’ market on every other Saturday, as well as regular sales in the town hall. Stalham is one of the major starting points of Norfolk Broads boating holidays and a museum to give you an insight in to the Broadland environment is a must. Just a few miles inland from fantastic beaches, this is a perfect base for exploring the Norfolk Broads and coastline.
Sorry, no pets allowed at this property.